Chernobyl tour plan - 1 day group tour
- We meet at 8.15 am on the Kyiv main street.
- Bus leaves around 8.30 am.
- We eat lunch around 2 pm.
- We come back to Kyiv at 7 pm.
Detail Tour plan description:The tour plan is not a must. It can be changed by Chernobyl zone administration without any prior announcement. Our company is not responsible for any changes in a tour plan. The itinerary of the tour and the order of places to visit are approximate.
1. RegistrationRegistration starts at 8:15 AM (if other it will be highlighted by our manager in the e- mail with departure details). Please, don't be late as the bus will leave either with or without you. The meeting manager checks your passport data with and clothes.
2. Payment.You will make the second payment for the tour in cash to the meeting manager and get on the bus. You may also rent Geiger counters and buy souvenir T-shirts (please, inform us by e-mail about this beforehand).
3. Transfer to Chernobyl.The road to the Dytyatky checkpoint will take around 2 - 2.5 hours. You are welcome to take some snacks to the bus.
4. Entery to the 30 km Exclusion zone.Once you have arrived to the Chernobyl zone, you will pass police passport and clothes control. Here you will be met by your English-speaking guide - representative of the State Agency of Chernobyl. He will make the tour for you and answer all your questions about Chernobyl on your further way to the Chernobyl Nuclear Plant.
5. Chernobyl.Meeting with State Agency of Chernobyl representatives for personal safety briefing. Visiting the small Chernobyl museum, stop near the wormwood Star monument, near St. Ilya Church, monument “To those who saved the world” etc.
6. Entry to the 10 km Exclusion zone.You will make stops in the Red Forest, visit abandoned kindergarten, go next to the reactor cooling passages and viewing platform near the Reactor No.4. You will be able to take measures of radiation at every stop.
7. Pripyat ghost town.In Pripyat you will see Lenin street, the palace of culture, Polissya hotel, supermarket, Ferris wheel, the stadium, school, swimming pool, hospital etc.
8. Lunch.You will have Ukrainian cousine for the lunch. All meals are radiation and ecologically clean. A vegetarian meal is available upon request.
9. Radar Duga.After lunch, you will leave for the legendary and mysterious Chernobyl-2 or “Radar Duga”. Officially “Chernobyl-2” is called the long-haul radio center. Chernobyl-2 is a “shadow” of a small and calm Chernobyl city..
10. Transfer to Kiev.At the end, you come back to the Dytyatky checkpoint where the zone security checks your radiation level. You’ll be back in Kiev around 6:00 – 7:00 PM, it depends on the traffic. Visits to the Rossokha village and the military machines graveyard have been prohibited by the government since 2008. No entry inside the buildings is allowed.
Tour map:Visit our Chernobyl Tour map to get more information about our tours.
Visit Chernobyl zone yourself!And You will see:
Pripyat Ghost TownPripyat ghost town is 1 of 7 scariest places around the world
Radar system Duga-1Radar Duga-1 was secret radiolocation station in USSR
And many more exciting places with Chernobyl tours
From 49$ per person!